Sunday, February 3, 2013

Beyonce out to prove she can sing after lip-synching controversy

YOU can rest assured that Beyonce won't be lip-synching this time around.

The singer is hard at work perfecting her performance for the upcoming Super Bowl final after she was criticised for lip-synching the national anthem at Barack Obama's inauguration a few weeks ago.
The 31-year-old released a short clip of the first day of rehearsals as she prepares to take to the Superdome on Sunday.
Last week, Us Weekly reported that her performance would include her hit song Crazy In Love, before Destiny's Child members Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams joined her for Bills, Bills, Bills, Survivor and a new single called Nuclear.
Earlier today, Beyonce performed the American national anthem for journalists who had gathered at a press conference, in an effort to prove once and for all that she was more than capable of belting it out.
During the press conference, she also admitted to lip-synching at the inauguration, saying she was forced to use a pre-recorded track because she didn't have enough time to rehearse.
“I am a perfectionist, I will practise until my feet bleed but I didn't get a chance," she told media.
“The inauguration was about the President, I wanted to make him and the country proud. I decided to sing along with my pre-recorded track which is something that is common in the music industry.
I always sing live, the inauguration was unfortunately a time when I didn't have time to rehearse with the the orchestra because I was rehearsing for the Super Bowl. I'm very proud of my performance.”
She confirmed that she would "absolutely be singing live" at the Super Bowl on Sunday.
“I will absolutely be singing live, I am well rehearsed. This is what I am born for.
“I've had a 16 year career and everything I've done has prepared me for this, I'm ready. It is something we've been preparing for for about four or five months but I am nervous.”

No comments:

Post a Comment